Demand for tenancies at record high
The latest ARLA Propertymark Private Rental Sector report hows demand for rental properties reached a record high in January with letting agents registering interest from an average of 88 new prospective tenants, compared to just 56 in December 2019.
Other Key Findings from the report are:
- Demand reached a record high in January with an average of 88 prospective tenants
registered per branch;
- The number of properties managed per letting agent branch dropped to 191;
- The number of agents witnessing rent increases rose to 42 per cent;
- More tenants successfully negotiated a rent reduction in January than the previous
- The number of landlords exiting the market remained the same.