Under the Provision of Services Regulations 2009 here is the relevant information required by this legislation:-
(1) Boydens Limited
(2) Legal Status: Limited Company, Registered in England and Wales, Registered Number 09637602
(3) Registered Office: ASTON HOUSE, 57-59 CROUCH STREET, COLCHESTER, ESSEX, CO3 3EY
(4) Contact Details: PHONE:- 01206 762244 EMAIL:-[email protected]
All branch office contact details can be found on our website.
(5) Complaint Handling Procedure (CHP): A written statement is available at all offices but below is a copy:
We are committed to providing a professional service to all our clients and customers. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
We will where appropriate, make reasonable adjustments for consumers who might be disadvantaged because of factors such as their age, infirmity, disability, lack of knowledge, lack of linguistic or numeracy ability, economic circumstances, bereavement or do not speak English as a first language.
If you have a complaint, please put it in writing to [email protected] including as much detail as possible. Alternatively, you write to us at Paul Buck, Boydens Ltd, Aston House, 57/59 Crouch Street, Colchester, Essex, CO3 3EY. We will then respond in line with the timeframes set out below (if you feel we have not sought to address your complaints within eight weeks, you may be able to refer your complaint to the Property Ombudsman to consider without our final viewpoint on the matter).
What will happen next?
- We will send you written acknowledgment of the receipt of your complaint within three working days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
- We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally be dealt with by the office manager who will review your file and speak to the member of staff who dealt with you. A formal written outcome of our investigation will be sent to you within 15 working days of receipt of the original complaint.
- If, at this stage, you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for a separate review to take place by a senior member of staff.
- We will write to you within 15 working days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final viewpoint on the matter.
- If you are still not satisfied with our final viewpoint (or more than 8 weeks has elapsed since the complaint was first made) you may refer your complaint free of charge to the relevant authority below.
All Estate, Letting Agency, Property Management & Leasehold & Estate Management complaints should be referred to:
The Property Ombudsman
43-55 Milford Street
Wiltshire, SP1 2BP
01722 333 306
Please note you will need to submit your complaint to The Property Ombudsman within 12 months from the date of our final viewpoint, including any evidence to support your case. The Property Ombudsman requires that all complaints are addressed through this in-house complaints’ procedure, before being submitted for an independent review.
Surveyors and Valuers complaints should be referred to:
Centre of Effective Dispute Resolution (CEDR)
70 Fleet Street
0207 536 6060
All Insurance complaints should be referred to:
Financial Ombudsman Service
South Quay Plaza
183 Marsh Wall
0845 080 1800
All business-to-business complaints should be referred to:
RICS Dispute Resolution Service
0207 334 3806
(6) Prices of Services:
Our landlord and tenant fees are set out under “Lettings”, and then “Landlords” on the tool bar on our website. We will advise you of our fees for any other services on your request; these may vary depending on the circumstances.
(7) VAT Regulation number: 103 3213 39
(8) General Terms and Conditions:
These will be provided to you at the commencement of any engagement.
(9) Governing Law:
English law applies, with English courts having jurisdiction.
(10) Trade Bodies:
Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors Surveyor Court, Westwood Drive, Coventry, CV4 8JE T: 020 7222 7000
Propertymark, Arbon House, 6 Tournament Court, Edgehill Drive, Warwick, CV34 6LG T: 0845 250 6001
The Association of Residential Managing Agents Ltd, 178 Battersea Park Road, London, SW11 4ND T: 020 7978 2607
In addition we are registered with:-
- Financial Conduct Authority (General Insurance).
- ICO Data Protection Registered.
- Office of Fair Trading licenced.
- Duty of Care (Waste Transfer note) - Registered waste carrier CB/FN 587425.
(11) Professional Indemnity Insurance:
Our professional indemnity policy complies with the RICS requirements and is renewed on 1st August each year.
Our broker is:-
Mr David Oakes Thistle Insurance Services, Southgate House, Southgate Street, Gloucester, GL1 1UB T: 0800 316 9844 E: [email protected]
Our policy cover is worldwide, subject to the terms and conditions of the policy, including notification requirements in relation to services performed beyond a 50 mile radius of Colchester.
(12) Client Accounts:
Monies held in Client Accounts are covered by the RICS Client’s Money Protection Scheme.
Client Money Handling Procedure