Under the Provision of Services Regulations 2009 here is the relevant information required by this legislation:-
(1) Boydens Limited
(2) Legal Status: Limited Company, Registered in England and Wales, Registered Number 09637602
(3) Registered Office: ASTON HOUSE, 57-59 CROUCH STREET, COLCHESTER, ESSEX, CO3 3EY
(4) Contact Details: PHONE:- 01206 762244 EMAIL:-[email protected]
All branch office contact details can be found on our website.
(5) Complaint Handling Procedure (CHP): A written statement is available at all offices but below is a copy:
As a regulated RICS (Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors) firm, we have in place a CHP, which meets the regulatory requirements. Our CHP has two stages. Stage one of the CHP gives our firm the opportunity to review and consider your complaint in full. Our firm will try to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction. If you are not happy with our response, you will have the opportunity to take your complaint to stage two. Stage two gives you the client, the opportunity to have your complaint reviewed and considered by an independent redress provider, approved by RICS.
1. Please provide details of your complaint in writing. We ask that you put your complaint in writing to make sure that we have a full understanding of the reasons for your complaint. Please send your written complaint to:
Miss Cheryl Cox M.A.R.L.A., Boydens, Aston House, 57-59 Crouch Street, Colchester, Essex, CO3 3EY T: 01206 771210 E: [email protected]
We will consider your complaint as quickly as possible, and will acknowledge receipt of your written complaint within 3 working days. We will send a formal written outcome of the complaint investigation within 15 working days of receipt of the complaint.
2. If we are unable to agree on how to resolve your complaint then you have the opportunity to take your complaint to an independent redress provider, as approved by the RICS Regulatory Board. We have chosen to use the following redress providers:
(i) FOR CONSUMER CLIENTS:
a) Surveyors and Valuers & Block Management:
b) Estate Agency, Property Letting and Management Complaints:
In the event that the final review as detailed overleaf in Section (1) still fails to satisfy your complaint, then you are at liberty to have the matter referred to The Property Ombudsman within 6 months of our final review.
We will submit our file to the Ombudsman on request. You are also entitled to have your complaint referred to the Ombudsman should we fail to deal with matters promptly or we do not comply with our in-house complaints procedure within 8 weeks from the date we receive your written notification.
(ii) FOR BUSINESS-TO-BUSINESS CLIENTS:
(6) Prices of Services:
Our landlord and tenant fees are set out under “Lettings”, and then “Landlords” on the tool bar on our website. We will advise you of our fees for any other services on your request; these may vary depending on the circumstances.
(7) VAT Regulation number: 103 3213 39
(8) General Terms and Conditions:
These will be provided to you at the commencement of any engagement.
(9) Governing Law:
English law applies, with English courts having jurisdiction.
(10) Trade Bodies:
Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors Surveyor Court, Westwood Drive, Coventry, CV4 8JE T: 020 7222 7000
National Federation of Property Professionals, Arbon House, 6 Tournament Court, Edgehill Drive, Warwick, CV34 6LG T: 0845 250 6001
The Association of Residential Managing Agents Ltd, 178 Battersea Park Road, London, SW11 4ND T: 020 7978 2607
In addition we are registered with:-
- Financial Conduct Authority (General Insurance).
- ICO Data Protection Registered.
- Office of Fair Trading licenced.
- Duty of Care (Waste Transfer note) - Registered waste carrier CB/FN 587425.
(11) Professional Indemnity Insurance:
Our professional indemnity policy complies with the RICS requirements and is renewed on 1st August each year.
Our broker is:-
Mr David Oakes Thistle Insurance Services, Southgate House, Southgate Street, Gloucester, GL1 1UB T: 0800 316 9844 E: [email protected]
Our policy cover is worldwide, subject to the terms and conditions of the policy, including notification requirements in relation to services performed beyond a 50 mile radius of Colchester.
(12) Client Accounts:
Monies held in Client Accounts are covered by the RICS Client’s Money Protection Scheme.